Friday, August 9, 2013

Style: Splurge vs. Steal on Fall Trends

Even though its only August, retailers and magazines are already coming out with fall trends and must-haves. I live in a city where seasons are not the typical norm so sweaters, boots, layering pieces, and etc. are in my closet all year round. I still like to update my wardrobe every once in awhile and try to be careful of not falling into the "trend-trap" where I spend a ridiculous amount of money on items that are strictly, well, a trend in passing. I'm a sucker for style and functionality. Whether its designer or not, doesn't really matter (ok maybe a little...) as long as I can see myself wearing and using it for a long period of time. This usually determines how much I'd like to purchase it for.  A lot of people use the term "splurge vs. steal". Obviously we all know what a steal is. Splurge for me, however, doesn't necessarily mean dropping thousands of dollars. It just means spending a little bit more (whether it be $20 to $500 more) on an item you could probably get similar for less but choose not to.

Below are a couple of items I've been checking out from two places I love to shop: Target and Nordstroms.


fashion splurge


fashion steals: target

1. Mossimo's faux leather moto $35
2. Mossimo ponte colorblock pencil skirt $23
3. OPI Nail Lacquer 'Samoan Sand' $9
4. Studded wrap bracelet $6
5. Merona large structured tote handbag $35
6. Labworks Dolman faux leather sleeve sweater $33
7. Missino "kiriana" ankle boot $35
8. Xhiliration leopard flats $15
9. Moda-Luxe envelope clutch $25
10. Mossimo skinny denim $25

No comments:

Post a Comment